Welcome to Maharani's Arts College for Women

Maharani’s Arts College for Women, Mysore [MACWM] owes its existence to the farsightedness of the Maharani Kempananjammanni, the Queen Consort of the then His Excellency Maharaja Chamarajendra Wodeyar X. Initially, it was started as Maharani’s Girls School, Mysore. The vision of providing education for girls was the brainchild of social workers such as Amble Narasimha Iyengar (Bakshi of the Palace), M. Venkata Krishnaiah [a renowned journalist of Mysore] and Narayana-Shastri, it was the benevolence of Maharani Kempananjammanni which helped in the establishment of an educational institution exclusively for girls. Thus, the school was started with primary and middle sections on 16th March 1881 with 28 girl pupils.

In 1891, the school was taken over by the Government of Mysore and upgraded to High School. In 1902, the school was again upgraded to II Grade College with the name Maharani’s College and affiliated to the University of Madras. Till 1919, the institution had the college, high school, middle and primary sections together. In 1920, the Maharani’s College became a full-fledged institution of higher education, affiliated to the University of Mysore.

Read More ...

Principal's Message

Today’s children are tomorrow’s citizens. Therefore, it is our bounden duty to fill the young minds with noble and healthy thoughts. Scoring excellent marks in examinations alone is not enough. Education must inculcate positive thoughts, discipline, interactive skills, morals, and ethics. Today’s competitive world necessitates the students to acquire the essential skills to find appropriate placement.
Maharani’s Arts College for Women is one of the premier educational institutions in Mysore for girls and it is striving hard to provide value-based education together with the much needed skills to meet the new challenges of the contemporary world.
The college was started in the year 1917 by Maharani Kempananjammanni, the Queen of Maharaja Chamarajendra Wodeyar X. Initially it was started as Maharani’s Girls School, Mysore. The vision of providing education for girls was the brainchild of social workers such as Ambale Narasimha Iyengar (Bakshi of the Palace), M. Venkatakrishnaiah (a renowned journalist of Mysore) and Narayana Shastri . It was the benevolence of Maharani Kempananjammanni which resulted in the establishment of an educational institution exclusively for girls. Thus, the school was started with primary and middle sections on 16th March 1881 with 28 girls. In 1891, the school was taken over by the government of Mysore and upgraded to high school. In 1902, the school was again upgraded to second grade college with the name Maharani’s College and affiliated to the University of Madras. Till 1919, the institution had the college, high school, middle and primary sections together. In 1920, the Maharani’s College became a full-fledged institution of higher education affiliated to the University of Mysore.

Read More ...

NOTIFICATIONS

»   Admission 18-19
Click Here forProspectus

IMPORTANT LINKS

https://www.inflibnet.ac.in/ess/
http://crl.du.ac.in/Infonetresources.htm
https://www.inflibnet.ac.in/econ/oaeresources.php
http://wikieducator.org/UGC_Infonet/